Man less than 2 years and we're off to college SCARY!!
I don't really have a clue on what i want to major in
I like math, history pretty interesting, I'm beginning to like English
Man I'm lost after High School
1. Majors
- Anthropology
Is is studying different culture. People have to be open minded and respect the differences between cultures. In this field one compares different cultures and also gets to see the changes they develop over time. This major is the study of humans and other primates (such as chimps). They recommend you take AP Human Geography; AP World History; Biology; Sociology; Foreign Language in High School
-Applied Mathematics
It uses math an statistics to solve problems in applied science and engineering. I also involves numerical analysis and optimization theory. They recommend to take AP Calculus; AP Statics; Physics, Trigonometry, Geometry, and Discrete Math.
-Geology
This major focuses on Earth and forces acting upon it (solids, liquids, gasses) It studies the historical geology, rock and soil chemistry and the use of minerals in industry. Geography, chemistry, physics, and biology are very important in this major. They recommend you take AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science and AP Physics.
2. Colleges
- UC Davis
It is a public 4year university. It is in a small city. It is a residential campus. There is an average of 58% women and 42% men. 15% of Hispanics of the students are Hispanic. About 53% of applicants are admitted.
-UC Berkeley
It is also a public 4year university. It has a 22% of applicants admitted. About 91% of students are In-state students. There is about 11% of Hispanic students. It is in a small city on a residential campus.
- USC
it is a private 4 year university. Its applicant admission is 22%. It is in a very large city on a residential campus. 53% of the students are in- sate students while 47% are out-of-state. About 53% of students get a G.P.A. 3.75 or higher.
These are only a few of the many colleges that i want to find out more about. Thanks Ms. Hwang for this blog and the websites you gave us. It was very helpful and it gave me an idea of what other universities there are available related to the major you want.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
=) I'm so glad. There's a million things you can study and become. I always thought it was topical, like I have to study math, english, or history. =P You'll find the perfect fit, don't worry. And 2 years is plenty of time! You probably even have more than that because you don't have to declare a major until your second year in college.
ReplyDelete